Just in time for the holidays! A 12″ x 12″ LP Boxset for your favorite Hot Tuna Collector. Numbered, limited edition of 1000 worldwide. Includes 8 original Hot Tuna albums in paper sleeve and deluxe CD vinyl replica. Exclusive tour poster by Dennis Loren. Plus a 28 page booklet with liner notes and photos. That’s a fantastic offer! Get yours today! Enjoy!
We would like to thank the Tuna Nation for their love and support. The two-night sold shows at the Beacon Theater were absolutely some of our best and we have our great fans to thank for that. The weekend got off to a good start when Jorma and Jack invited legendary bluesman John Hammond to sit in on a special acoustic set. The boys did great work on “Hesitation Blues,” “Come Back Baby” and “Death Don’t Have No Mercy” while John added a whaling and soulful harmonica.
Photo by Vernon Webb
After the short acoustic set, Hot Tuna Trio with Justin Guip hit the stage running and got the fans on their feet. Hot Tuna Trio ripped through versions of “Serpent of Dreams,” “Can’t Get Satisfied,” “99 Year Blues” and “Bowlegged Woman.” Hot Tuna fans couldn’t get enough when the band did Hit Single #1 that ended the first set.
HT drummer Justin Guip. Photo by Vernon Webb
Friday’s second set would bring out Electric Hot Tuna featuring Justin Guip, Larry Campbell and Teresa Williams. The band started with “I See the Light.” Larry Williams had the audience mesmerized with his fiddle playing. No doubt everyone was having visions of Papa John Creech.
The next couple of songs would feature Teresa Williams on vocals. She brought down the house with her spirited version of “Wade In The Water.”
The audience was full of emotion when Teresa ended the show with absolutely beautiful rendition of “Sugaree.”
Photo by Vernon Webb
If Friday wasn’t enough, Saturday’s show was insane. Hot Tuna Trio began the first set with a couple nicely done melodic tunes which included the “I See The Light,” “Hesitation Blues” and the title track from Jorma’s new album “Ain’t In No Hurry.” The band kicked into gear with a hair raising version of “Ode to “Billy Dean,” where you could tell by Jorma’s haunting guitar solo that it was going to be a special night. The band ended the first set with epic versions “Bowlegged Woman,” “99 Year Blues,” “Rock Me Baby,” “Funky #7″ and “Hit Single #1.”
The Beacon Theater was still buzzing from the first set when Jorma and Jack returned with Larry Campbell, GE Smith, Teresa Williams, Rachael Price and Jeff Pehrson for a very memorable Jefferson Airplane tribute. The band laid down 10 JA songs (see set list) that took everyone in the audience back to 1965. It was amazing.
Friday November 20
The Electric Trio
Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady
& Justin Guip
Plus The Modern Quintet With
Larry Campbell & Teresa Williams
Special Guest John Hammond
The Beacon Theater
New York City
Friday, November 20, 2015
1. Hesitation Blues with John Hammond
2. Come Back Baby with John Hammond
3. Death Don’t Have No Mercy with John Hammond
4. Serpent Of Dreams with Justin Guip*
5. Watch The North Wind Rise with Justin Guip*
6. Can’t Get Satisfied with Justin Guip
7. Ode To Billy Dean with Justin Guip
8. In The Kingdom* with Justin Guip
9. 99 Year Blues* with Justin Guip
10. Bowlegged Woman with Justin Guip
11. Hit Single #1 with Justin Guip
1. I See The Light Larry on Fiddle
2. Children Of Zion with Teresa & Larry on mandolin
3. Where There’s Two There’s Trouble with Teresa & Larry on D-18
4. Mourning Interrupted
5. Rock Me Baby
6. Wade In The Water with Teresa
7. Bar Room Crystal Ball with Teresa
8. Water Song
9. Big River with Teresa & Larry
10. Good Shepherd with Teresa
11. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed & Burning with Teresa
12. Funky #7
13. Encore: Sugaree with Teresa
Larry plays on all songs in this set!
Saturday November 21
Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady
& Justin Guip
Rachael Price, Teresa Williams, Jeff Pehrson
Larry Campbell, and G.E. Smith
First Set With The Electric Trio:
1. True Religion
2. Ain’t In No Hurry
3. Hesitation Blues
4. Ode To Billy Dean
5. Can’t Get Satisfied
6. In The Kingdom
7. Watch The North Wind Rise
8. Bowlegged Woman
9. 99 Year Blues
10. Rock Me Baby
11. Funky #7
12. Hit Single #1
Second Set With The Whole Gang:
1. 3/5ths Of A Mile In 10 Seconds featuring Jeff Pehrson
2. Greasy Heart featuring Rachael Price
3. Good Shepherd featuring Jorma
4. White Rabbit featuring Teresa Williams
5. Lawman featuring Rachael Price
6. Plastic Fantastic Lover featuring Jeff Pehrson
7. Somebody To Love featuring Teresa Williams
8. Eskimo Blue Day featuring Rachael Price
9. Come Back Baby featuring Jorma & the gang
11. Feel So Good featuring Rachael Price & Teresa Williams
12. Encore: Volunteers… the gang
13. Encore 2: Sugaree… all hands in!
Say it isn’t so! Jorma can’t be turning 75? Seems like we just celebrated his 70th Birthday Bash!
Well, it’s true. And it only means we’re all five years older too. So join Jorma, Jack and Electric Hot Tuna for “Freakin at the Beacon” Theater in New York City on Friday, November 20th and Saturday November 21st to help celebrate an amazing man and an amazing life.
Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, July 24th 10AM.
Hot Tuna returns to New York City for one unforgettable evening of hard driving blues and soulful Americana. This year the band will celebrate Jack Casady’s 70th Birthday and promises to pull out all the stops with a roaring electric set.
Joining Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady this year will be very special guest Marty Balin, a fellow Jefferson Airplane founding member. Also on tap are multi-instrumentalists Barry Mitterhoff and Larry Campbell, vocalist Teresa Williams, and drummer Justin Guip. Additional special guests will be announced in the coming months. The Beacon Theatre concerts have become an annual holiday tradition – a spontaneous, innovative, rock and roll extravaganza not to be missed.
The year-end Hot Tuna shows at the Fur Peace Ranch have been sold out for months, but that doesn’t mean you have to wait for 2014 to see them again. A new set of dates have just been announced. So just after a beautiful fall in Southern Ohio at Fur Peace Ranch Workshops, and a quick trip to Finland, Hot Tuna is unofficially on “The Holidays Tour.” It starts on with two shows in NYC and then swings through New England ending in the Midwest in Chicago.
Hot Tuna’s Annual New York City Celebration Features both An Acoustic and An Electric Night The legendary Hot Tuna returns to New York City for two unforgettable evenings of hard driving blues and soulful Americana. This year, the band will kick off with an intimate acoustic evening at The Concert Hall at New York Society for Ethical Culture on Friday, November 22 followed by a rockin’ roaring electric show at the Beacon Theatre on Saturday, November 23rd. Tuna’s Beacon shows have become an annual holiday tradition – a spontaneous, innovative musical journey not to be missed! Tickets: BeaconTheatre.com or 866-858-0008
Summer is in full swing. So is the Electric Hot Tuna Summer Tour! The Boys kick things off in Jersey with Leon Russell opening. EHT ends July with a show at Fur Peace Ranch and Floyd Fest. Jorma and Jack and Barry do a morning acoustic set at Floyd Fest. so you get a twofer!
07/20/13 State Theatre New Brunswick, NJ Electric Hot Tuna also Leon Russell
The Hot Tuna Gang would like to Thank Everyone who came out to the Beacon Theater last weekend to help us Rock the Holiday Season! Just when we thought we couldn’t top last year’s show, we were blown away by all the great music. Jorma and Jack would like to thank all the stellar musicians who helped them create one of the most memorable nights in Hot Tuna history.
Of course we couldn’t have done it without Barry Mitterhoff and Skoota Warner, Thanks Guys!
You can check out Jorma’s blog for more details and audience comments. Below are the setlists from the weekend
December 10, 2011 The Beacon Second Night
1. Jack comes out and plays… Barry and I come out and we join Jack and wind up with Mann’s Fate
2. Candy Man (Barry, Bromberg, Larry)
3. Fifty Dollar Wig (Bromberg, Charlie, Kimock,
4. I Wish You Would (GE… Kimock)
5. Angel Of Darkness (Larry And Teresa)
6. Smokerise Journey (Larry And Teresa)
7. Long Gone From Kentucky (GE, Larry, Charlie)
8. Sad And Beautiful World (Charlie, GE)
9. Children Of Zion (Larry, Teresa)
10. Driving Wheel (Bromberg, Nancy Josephson) Larry Pedal Steel, Teresa, GE, Kimock
11. Where Highway 61 Runs (Charlie, GE, Kimock… the gang ?)
12. Hit Single # 1
1. Mama Let Me Lay It On You (Larry… GE)
2. Mourning Interrupted (Larry)
3. Ode To Billy Dean (Charlie, GE, Kimock)
4. A Little Faster (Larry and Teresa, GE)
5. Things That Might have Been (Larry)
6. Tongue (Bromberg. Charlie, GE Kimoch)
7. Many Rivers To Cross(Kimoch, Bromberg, Larry, GE)
8. Bar Room Chrystal Ball (Larry, Teresa)
9. If This Is Love, I want My Money Back (Larry, Teresa)
10. If I Have Bad Luck (Charlie)
11. Been So Long
12. Christo Redentor (Charlie)
13. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning (Larry and Teresa)
14. Funky # 7 (The whole famdamily…GE, Bromberg)
15. Encore: Baby What You Want Me To Do
December 9, 2011
1. Hesitation Blues (Jack & Jorma Acoustic)
2. New Song For The Morning (Jack, Jorma, Barry & Charlie Acoustic)
3. Can’t Get Satisfied (electric with G.E. & Charlie)
4. Where Highway 61 Runs (with Charlie & G.E.)
5. Angel Of Darkness (with Larry & Theresa)
6. A Little Faster (With Larry & Theresa)
7. Long Gone From Kentucky (With G.E. and Charlie and Larry)
8. Children Of Zion (With Larry & Theresa and GE)
9. Bowlegged Woman (with G.E. & Larry)
10. Smokerise Journey (with Larry & Theresa)
11. Rock Me Baby (with G.E., Charlie & Larry
12. Hit Single #1 (with G.E. and Larry)
1. I See The Light (with GE)
2. Talkin’ Bout You GE and Larry
3. Easy Now Revisited (Larry)
4. Mama Let Me Lay It On You (Larry on fiddle and GE on guitar and GE)
5. Second Chances (Larry)
6. If I Have Bad Luck (Charlie & GE)
7. Mourning Interrupted (Larry on guitar
8. GE Sings Eyesight To The Blind (with Larry and Charlie)
9. Christo Redentor (Charlie, GE and Larry)
10. Keep Your Lamps Trimmed And Burning (Teresa and Laryry with GE
11. Funky #7 (Gang TwanG)
12. Encore: Bar Room Chrystal Ball (Larry on pedal steel, Teresa background vocals
Thanks Again to All our Fans! You guys are AWESOME!
The Bill Graham Memorial Foundation, was formed in January of 2008 in memory of the legendary rock impresario, Bill Graham. The foundation is a public charity that is funded through individual and corporate contributions and grants.
The Foundation is guided by a broad-based group which includes Bill’s sons, several former long-time employees of Bill Graham Presents and other community leaders.
A mission of The Bill Graham Memorial Foundation is the giving of grants primarily in the areas of music, the arts and education, while also supporting social work, environmental protection, and spiritual and compassionate projects in our community. In this spirit, The Bill Graham Memorial Foundation seeks to assist those whose needs are oftentimes not served by larger philanthropic organizations. The mission includes education and outreach programs, the establishment of a museum and of an annual community award, the “Bill Graham Awards”. The Foundation holds annual fundraising events in San Francisco and New York.
If you have never heard Bill’s story you should. It is an amazing tale of an American Hero!
Hot Tuna, Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady, returns to the Beacon Theatre for two nights on December 9 and 10, 2011 to celebrate the music and the fun sparked off by the release of Steady As She Goes, their first studio album in 20 years. Larry Campbell, Teresa Williams, David Bromberg, Charlie Musselwhite, GE Smith and Steve Kimock will join electric Hot Tuna with band members extrordinaire Barry Mitterhoff and Skoota Warner for the 8 p.m. shows. The Beacon is at 2124 Broadway, New York City. For tickets and more information: www.beacon.theatre-
Helping them celebrate at the Beacon will be special guests, Charlie Musselwhite, master of the harmonica, who toured along with Hot Tuna and Jim Lauderdale earlier this year on the Hot Tuna Blues tour will be hanging with the guys for the weekend. Charlie’s talented harmonica playing and history steeped in the blues is a perfect blend to the Hot Tuna being served! So if you missed Charlie with Tuna earlier this year. Now is your chance.
During their more than four decade long career Jorma and Jack have created some of the most significant music of our time and Steady As She Goes shows that they remain one of the most innovative bands in American music. Recorded at Levon Helm’s studio and produced by Grammy-winning producer Larry Campbell, the album captures the energy of their live performances with Barry Mitterhoff on mandolin, drummer Skoota Warner (Cyndi Lauper, Matisyahu, Santana) as well as Campbell joining them on guitar, fiddle, organ and vocals and Theresa Williams on vocals.
David Bromberg, often referred to as the guitarist’s guitarist, will be joining Hot Tuna at the Beacon too! Jorma and David find themselves performing together a few times each year, and their roots run deep. It will be interesting to see if he comes acoustic or electric . . . only one way to find out!
GE Smith has to be one of the most sought after session players around. He has performed and recorded with an exceptionally wide spectrum of influential artists from Bob Dylan, Eddie Van Halen, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Rickie Lee Jones, Al Green, Bryan Ferry, David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Lonnie Mack and the list…too long to print.
Steve Kimock, who has earned a living wowing all kinds of audiences with his extraordinary guitar abilities, will also be joining the guys for the weekend. Steve adds a new element to the Tuna stew with his wide range of playing styles that can progress from jazz-influenced rhythms to Roky Erikson (13th Floor Elevators) styled psychedelic leads.
Get Your Tickets Now! Before it sells out like last year!